Nest & Nuture Terms & Conditions
Version updated 30 August 2020
COVID-19 Specific Terms & Conditions
It is our aim that our classes will return to and remain in the normal face to face format in a timely manner and when all government guidance deems it safe to do so. The safety of our clients and teacher is paramount, therefore classes will only proceed in person if all regulations can be safely adhered to.
During the period of time in which the UK is in the staged lockdown easing process and any variety of COVID-19 response mechanisms that may develop as a result – Nest & Nurture has implemented a set of COVID-19 Specific terms and conditions.
- If your planned and booked face to face class cannot run as a result of Government or Local Authority guidance in the case of local, regional or national lockdown, specific health guidance changes relating to pregnancy, postnatal or infants or any other Government/NHS recommendations – we refer to the force majeure clause and in this case no refunds will be given, however Nest & Nurture will where possible endeavour to offer an online alternative.
- If your teacher must self-isolate but remains well enough to teach – planned face to face classes may be replaced by online classes (facilitated by zoom), returning to face to face delivery once the period of self-isolation has finished, or alternative sessions/credit to future sessions offered.
- If your teacher is ill and unable to deliver planned sessions either in-person or online – either the offer of replacement sessions at the earliest possible date or credit for suitable future/alternative sessions will be offered.
- If you (parent, carer or baby) are required to self-isolate you will be offered the choice of attending virtually or a credit for sessions missed during the period of self-isolation (maximum of 2 weeks) may be given at your teachers discretion be carried forward to a later date – this will be given in the form of a discount code to be used when making your next booking for any subsequent terms, classes or workshops. In this case no refunds will be offered.
- If the planned venue is required to close as a result of any guidance, public health or any other reason at this time, your teacher will attempt to secure an alternative local venue. If this cannot be done, classes may be offered virtually until a suitable alternative venue can be found, or credit for future/alternative sessions offered.
- If you or your child develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending a class or test positive for it – you are required to notify Tara at Nest & Nurture without delay. If the teacher or another class participant notifies us of symptoms or a positive test in this way – you will be notified without delay. We will also notify the relevant NHS Test and Trace body relevant for England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales. For more information on the relevant guidance for businesses in relation to maintaining records of visitors for test & trace READ HERE.
- Nest & Nurture is committed to following all UK Health and Safety government and NHS guidance related to COVID-19. In order to honour our increased hygiene, social distancing and venue requirements, we now have a COVID-19 Customer Guidelines.
COVID-19 Customer Guidlines
Nest & Nurture are excited to return to face to face classes. The health and safety of our clients is really important to us. We aim to balance government guidance around the safe, welcoming and nurturing ethos of our classes. To keep you safe, Nest & Nurture pledge to do the following:
- Only to deliver face to face classes by following the government guidance and ensure any and all changes to local/regional guidance measures are acted upon as a matter of urgency.
- Only permit booked clients to enter class so that Nest & Nurture have the relevant contact details and can limit numbers to ensure social distancing measures can be honoured.
- Ensure all clients are spaced 2 metres apart.
- Ensure there is at least 1 hour between classes to allow for adequate cleaning between groups.
- Clean all hard surfaces between classes.
- Sanitise all equipment between classes.
- Sanitise hands at the beginning and end of every class.
- Maintain 2 metres social distancing at all times.
- Ensure a regular cleaning regime for high traffic areas (door handles, bathrooms, hallways).
- Ask you to bring your own equipment for classes, mats, cushion and blanket (for pregnancy classes) and blanket for baby classes.
- Provide you with a shaker, scarf and sensory blanket for all Nestlings classes and additional sanitised baby toys these will be for your baby only.
- Ensure your socially distant area is clearly marked in all Hatchlings and Nestlings classes.
- Provide hand sanitiser and ensure that hand washing facilities are accessible from all classes.
- Teach in person only when the Nest & Nurture teacher and her households is free of any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Follow guidance for ventilation within the teaching environments.
- Follow guidance where required for the wearing of face coverings in common areas of venues and ensure all changes to guidelines are adhered to. Nest & Nurture are asking you to ‘wear your face covering until you reach your mat’ in all classes. Unless you have an exemption to wearing a face covering, please see the government list of exemptions for more information.
- Make any appropriate amendments to class content so as to minimise risk, including but not limited to singing in baby classes.
In return we would ask that Nest & Nurture clients help us to maintain this safe environment by following the guidelines below:
- Do not come to class if you (or your baby) has had any symptoms of COVID-19 (you must follow government guidance to self-isolate).
- Respect the guidance in relation to the wearing of face coverings whenever and wherever they are required, or if it is possible. We ask to you to adopt a ‘wear your face covering until you reach your mat’ approach and respect the guidance for our UK region.
- Unless you have an exemption to wearing a face covering, please see the government list of exemptions for more information.
- Sanitise your hands upon arrival and leaving class – there will be sanitiser available.
- Exercise patience upon arrival and departure to avoid congestion around doorways and common areas – respecting others and adhering to the 2 metres social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Arrive on time (and leave after the 20 minutes social time) for your class to allow for the increased cleansing time between classes to take place.
- Bring any equipment to class that your teacher has suggested in your welcome email for your specific class – this may include yoga mat, cushion and blanket.
- Adopt the ‘catch it and bin it’ method for all coughs and sneezes – and ensuring all soiled tissues, nappies, wet-wipes or other waste is collected and disposed of at home not at the venue.
- Understand that we may need to make small alterations to sections of class if we believe it to minimise the risk – this may impact singing in class
- By committing to these guidelines, and asking you to follow it too, we can relax and enjoy being back at face to face classes and enjoying the social connection as safely as we possibly can
A booking does not constitute the creation of a contract and the teacher reserves the right to decline to process a booking for any reason whatsoever.
General Terms and Conditions
Nest & Nurture is under no obligation to refund or transfer your money in the event that you are unable to attend part of or the entire course. The teacher is not obligated to guarantee an alternative class for missed lessons unless this is due to the teacher cancelling. In the unfortunate event you should suffer a miscarriage, please get in contact. The full fee will be repaid within 7 working days.
If your pregnancy health care provider requests you cease attending classes due to medical reasons, you will be credited with sessions for use postnatally (within 6 months of your baby being born). If no future classes have been scheduled, you will be given a refund upon receipt of a note from your doctor or midwife.
If your doctor or health visitor provider requests your baby cease attending classes due to medical reasons, on production of a medical certificate you will be refunded the remaining classes of the term.
Nest & Nurture reserves the right to amend or cancel any course, course times, dates or published prices. Changes to course price, times and dates will be advised before the course start date and any course already paid in full will not be subject to any price increase.
In the event of a class or workshop being cancelled for any reason (other than in the case of a ‘force majeure’) by Nest & Nurture – the customer will be entitled to a refund on request of missed class or workshop.
Nest & Nurture will endeavour to ensure your booked class always runs. However, in an unforeseen circumstance that will prevent this Nest & Nurture will always attempt to make contact with you if class is cancelled, via phone, text or email.
If Nest & Nurture has deemed the weather fit to travel and the class or workshop goes ahead but you personally have decided not to attend then no refund will be given.
In the event or occurrence of a ‘force majeure’ deemed by reasonable interpretation by the Nest & Nurture, there is no obligation for the Nest & Nurture to offer a refund. A ‘force majeure’ is defined as events beyond the reasonable control of Nest & Nurture, including but not limited to: extreme and unprecedented weather; Governmental regulation, or advice relating to health or travel; disease or infection in the venue or local community.
It is vital that you inform Nest & Nurture of any medical conditions that you have that might affect your time in class (for you or for your baby). All information is treated sensitively and in confidence. We ask parents not to attend class if they or their baby, are suffering from: fever, diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours or they have symptoms of a possible contagious illness such as: Chicken Pox, Measles, Norovirus.
If anyone in your household has tested positive or has symptoms of COVID-19 we ask you to stay away from any booked classes for at least 14 days an alternative online class might be available.
We cannot offer a refund for a class missed due to illness. We will always do what we can to make sure you receive any important information you might have missed in the class via email, text or phone call. All antenatal classes are followed up with a descriptive educational email with education aspects covered in that class.
Such conditions may be (for Mother) pre-existing medical conditions or conditions which arise during pregnancy which include, but are not limited to: high blood pressure, low blood pressure, bleeding, spotting, history of miscarriage, placenta previa, back or hip issues.
Such conditions (for Baby) may be pre-existing medical conditions which include, but are not limited to: Hip Dysplasia, Hearing/Eye sight issues, Down Syndrome/Spina Bifida, Reflux, Colic, Torticollis.
Video & Photography
Nest & Nurture permits no observers, family members, partners or friends to attend any class in any circumstance. If for training requirements this needs to be allowed, each class member will be notified and their consent obtained.
We allow you to take photos of your baby(ies) during class. If you have featured any other parents or babies in the picture you must gain consent from them. This is to protect the privacy of each mum. Any images taken featuring other parents are not to be shared via any public platform such as Facebook, social media or internet sites without permission from Nest & Nurture and any mums which feature in the picture or whose babies feature, in those pictures.
Any recorded or written material included as part of any course or arising from any of our courses, and all rights worldwide (including Intellectual Property Rights) relating thereto respectively, are the sole property of Nest & Nurture or others from whom such rights may be derived (whether or not protected by trademark and copyright laws) and may not be used other than for the personal use of the participant, without obtaining prior written permission.
Any education and techniques used by Nest & Nurture is not a substitute for the advice of, or the presence during birth or any part of pregnancy or labour, of a qualified medical practitioner, midwife or obstetrician. It does not represent, in fact or otherwise an alternative to appropriate medical care or professional medical advice in any way, shape or form. Any questions or doubts that you have about any course or the use of any techniques taught, by you or any third party in any part, should be discussed by you with your medical caregiver and the safety of or the appropriateness of any course provided to you or any third party whom represent, be confirmed with you medical caregiver prior to undertaking any course.
Nest & Nurture cannot accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury, including death, to any person or property arising out of, or resulting from attendance at our classes. You are particularly advised to take care of all personal property and possessions.